Alfred Bertwistle & Sons
Alfred Bertwistle & Sons brewed at the Low Brewery on Doomgate in Appleby in Westmorland. They were taken over by Marston, Thompson and Evershed on the 15th August 1928. Brewing ceased soon after though the buildings were used as a depot until the 1970's. The remaining buildings are now known as the Old Brewery.
On the 1st June 1897 Mr Alfred Bertwistle of Appleby purchased Cardwell's Brewery of Titheburn St, Preston.