Collin Croft Brewery
The Collin Croft brewery originally started in Collin Croft off Highgate in Kendal. By 1905 it had moved to Beezon Road, when it became a limited company having been previously operated by James Gildred. The company acted as the agents of William Younger & Co. of Edinburgh, and following the death of C W Gildred in 1933 was bought by them. The brewery had ceased brewing by 1949, but continued bottling Younger's beers until 1965.
The original brewery in Collin Croft is now housing.